The Sin City Mad Baker

My photo
Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
The Sin City Mad Baker is a Cake Artist and Union Baker on the fabulous Las Vegas Strip.

8.07.2006

The Makeup Bag Cake






This cake was fun to make. I worked on this project with my niece to introduce her to cake decorating. I used a 6" round strawberry cake. Filled it with strawberry filling and crumbed it
with strawberry buttercream/creamcheese icing. The fondant was not the easiest thing in the world to work with. It dries quickly and often pieces that are pressed together come apart. We still had a great time making the "cosmetics". I used lots of powdered sugar to keep it from sticking to our fondant board. It was fun and it turned out better than I expected!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicky ~ This one is awesome! Can you actually eat it?

I wouldn't want to ruin it.

The Sin City Mad Baker said...

Hey Jill,

You sure can eat it! Inside of the make up bag is a 6" strawberry cake, filled with strawberries and strawberry cream cheese icing!

This was one of my favorite cakes to make.

Blog Archive